Sunday, October 31, 2010

Grocery List Before Grocery Shopping

Just the Grocery ListImage by KTVee via Flickr Trust me when I say this: MAKE A GROCERY LIST! If not, you could accidently end up buying the same thing before checking the refrigerator and cabinets, but most importantly because it sets a limit.

Instead of going to the store and picking up what “may look good” think of what you want to make ahead of time. Then put on your grocery list everything that you need to make your dish(es). And when doing this it’s very helpful to think in a week span instead of a few days at a time. This not only helps you to plan out future meals, but helps you to budget things as well. I know what you’re thinking…yeah, yeah…whatever…how do you know all this? Plan and simple: its my life.

Before going grocery shopping I think of what I plan to eat in the next week from meals to snacks and I write it down on my grocery list. And a lot of times I buy food that can be cooked with more than one dish, such as Ragu sauce, it can be for homemade pizza and spagatti…that’s two dinner dishes right there!

Planning out a list really helps you to not splurge in the store and say “oouuu…that looks good, I’m buying it,” and you didn’t even really need it.


***One more very helpful tip: don’t go to the grocery store hungry…it will really have you splurge shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment